DS28E30 1-Wire® ECDSA Secure Authenticator
Maxim's DS28E30 1-Wire ECDSA secure authenticator delivers a core set of cryptographic tools derived from integrated blocks
Maxim's DS28E30 provides a highly secure and easily deployed turnkey authentication solution based on the FIPS-186 ECDSA standard. The secure authenticator combines ECDSA challenge and response authentication with secured EEPROM for storing of the keys and user data.
The device provides a core set of cryptographic tools derived from integrated blocks, including an asymmetric hardware engine, a true random number generator (TRNG), 3 Kb of secure EEPROM, a decrement-only counter, and a unique 64-bit ROM identification number (ROM ID). The ECC public/private key capabilities operate from the NIST defined P-256 curve to provide a FIPS 186-compliant ECDSA signature generation function to support a bidirectional asymmetric key authentication model. The unique ROM ID is used as a fundamental input parameter for cryptographic operations and serves as an electronic serial number within the application. In addition, authenticity of the chip can be verified with a Maxim-provided public key certificate. The device communicates over the single-contact 1-Wire bus at overdrive speed. The communication follows the 1-Wire protocol with the ROM ID acting as a node address in the case of a multidevice 1-Wire network.
- Crypto toolbox based on an industry-standard elliptic curve public-key algorithm
- 1-Wire interface enables device integration into an end product with one dedicated connection
- 3 Kb of secure EEPROM for user data, keys, certificates, and secure monotonic use counter
- Battery authentication and charge cycle tracking
- Medical tools/accessories authentication and calibration
- Accessory and peripheral secure authentication